Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Holiday Tan

Anant Brij


I always had a different perception to things. Rather than speaking up, I would keep my thoughts to myself as there are only a few who actually understood what I felt.
Writer's angle to everything!
Sometimes, the loud noises around you make you deaf to your soul.
To re-kindle it, you got to leave the haste behind and make a journey back to the basics .

To do that I went to Nandgaon, a small village of brij kshetra with a population of only few thousand. The village is actually surrounding a temple called Nand bhavan, which is situated on a hill where it is said lord Krishna spent most of his childhood as a loving child of Nandbaba and Yashoda maiya.

I stayed at a friend's place whom I met during a documentary shoot at Nandgaon.

Here, evening is the time for cows to return home after grazing in the forests The dust of their feet would give horizon the reddest shade to the sun set. The happy voices of cows coming home after a long day and kids who took them, fills the whole environment with joy and love.
Its time for kids to wash their hands and feet before they have their food.  

At night the thick sheet of stars follow you even when you make a brief expedition with some newly found friends which were about 12 to 15 people aging between 16to 25, to the Nand bhavan.

The sounds of conch shells and bells of Shayan-aarti ( the evening prayers to sleep lord) can be heard from a distance.The 360 degree view around from the temple comprises of small lamps and lights circling it, each of which mark a home of Nandgaon. There are few monkeys seemingly recognized our enthusiasm, who were equally enthusiastic to see us and were following us from a safe distance on the walls and pillars, while we were circumambulating the temple.

Mornings means waking up to the bells and conch shells at home which would mean awakening the lord and offering him butter and sweets as baal-bhog(the breakfast).
The sage with jatas( long thick hair tied in a bun on the top of head like a yogi) and thick tulasi mala around his neck would call out 'Radhe!' from the door, expecting whatever meagre the household woman has to offer without negotiating for more.

The sounds of the village would melt the heart of a atheist or a yogi, let alone the heart of the devotee.

It was the day to visit the nearby Barsana village, the village of Radha rani the eternal and transcendental counterpart of Lord Krishna.
One has to climb about 200 stairs to reach the Radha rani's palace. The curved flight of stairs to the temple is tagged by male as well as female saints. Few girls were sitting along who are equipped with wood stamps and ink, to create instant body art.

'Do you have Radha-Krishna yougal stamp.' I asked to one of the girls.
The girl started searching in her stamps to find one, while the one sitting on the other end raised a stamp in air to me and said,
'I have got yugal stamp didi.'

I allowed her to create a pattern around the Yugal(the divine couple of Shri Radha Krishna) on my hand. She was more than delighted to grab the opportunity. When she finished it, I asked her how much money it was.
She answered it in a bit stern way that it was ten rupees.
She was expecting me to defend for lesser money but was so happy when I handed her a ten rupees note. I could see the mischievous smile on her face.
For me I felt she should have asked more for all that elaborate design and spending whole day on the stairs of Barsana.

It is important to bring it to the notice of my dear readers, there is nothing to be pitied  about the people of brij bhumi. They would not negotiate the life bestowed to them for any amount of money or manifold higher worldly luxuries.

People here take pride in the lives they lead. When it comes to reciting the lilas of Shri Radha- Krishna, they recite it in a manner as if Lord Krishna still plays with them in the forests of brij and share food with them.

 On my way back from the Radha rani's temple, descending the stairs while holding the flowers that priest gave me, which held the scent of temple and prayers in it, I felt some times it so important to pull yourself back from the hustle of your lives, take a deep breath, hold and breathe out.

Life is not about big houses or luxurious cars, important corporate meetings or a bestseller book  publishing.
Instead it is a preparation, a preparation to remain constantly in touch with your soul that when I am on my death bed, when I look back at my life I do not have any grudge or remorse, but the kind of contentment I saw in the eyes of the girl who drew the Yugal design on my palm in exchange of just ten bucks.










77 comments:

Unknown said...

Radhe Radhe ..Very warmly written. Felt like going to braj bhumi to be in touch with my soul.

akshay said...

omg this blog has touched my soul :p :)

Unknown said...

Nice written.

Unknown said...

Ikda i relived my nandgaon visit.

Unknown said...

Wow, It was great experience reading it

Shrutakirti Somavanshi said...

Very good piece.

mohit mittal said...

Hi Pallavi
I am delighted to know that u have started a blog. Finding a niche for yourself is in itself an achievement. Regarding the post I liked the way it was written without attributing undue precedence to any particular emotion or incident. It was picturesque. I find a certain kind of innocence and enthusiasm in your writing which is very hard to find. God bless. Keep writing. Keep posting.
Bye
Mohit

Unknown said...

Hi p, I liked ur presenting ur experience in very impressive way full of humours words. U writes well my dear frnd. Hopefully looking forward to read more blogs of urs. .keep going n write more....god luck. ..

Unknown said...

Bahut hi achhe air marmik shabdo me jeev (human) ke is sansaar me aane ke prayojan aur lakshya ki aur dhyan kendrit kia hai aapne... Jai Jai Shyama Jai Jai Shyam Jai Jai Sree Vrindavan dham ...
"Satyam param dhimhi" Sreemad Bhagwat Ji ka shalok hai iska tatparya ye hai ki Sree Radha Govind Ji ke charan kamal air uñke shudh bhakt hi satya hai air satya kya hai satya Matlab an and aur param an and to See Radha Govind Ji ke charan kamal aur unke shudh Bhakti ki sewa air sree braj dham me hi hai aur ye Hume shudh bhakto ke sang aur Bhakti shashtro ke paath se hi pta chalega .ise jaane bina to jivan vyarth hai ... Jai Sree Radhe

Anonymous said...

Picturesque writing. Feel good readin.

ujjwal said...

nice start... and a true and wonderful observation.. life is about staying connected to your soul..!! u have kept it very original, that's appreciable and hope it stays this way.. straight from the heart.... i love holidays and travelling myself, it gives us a chance to see, realize, observe and enjoy some simple but true pleasures of life which unfortunately we forget for most part of our regular lives.

well done and keep it up!

Vijay Rana said...

nicely written.......conclusion is excellent.................5 stars

ujjwal said...

nice writing pallavi jee.. u should definitely write more.. u have some observation skills and original thoughts.... you should write more, it will only get better !!!

Atul said...

Superb!
I am so fortunate to have landed here.

Original thoughts are always true and beyond.
And I would say you have a great observation and thoughts.

As you rightly pointed out Life is all about remaining constantly in touch wid your soul.

Please travel more & write more !!

Unknown said...

Great experience!!!!!
Waiting for the next one :)

abhi said...

the description of cheerful life of village is so lively...and pallavi it seems you really loves everything about nature.. it feels like a soulful connection to our roots..traveling is all about connection we make and i am pleased to say your connection with nature is truly strong ..you must write more ..waiting for more of such awesome writing ..cheers :)

Unknown said...

Nice one :-)

Atul said...

Really want to appreciate you amd your pious feelings here. So Pallavi Very warmly felt and then very well written!!

Way to go!!

Unknown said...

thanks for share your experience with us and your way of describing is one of the best of expressing.

Reetika Jindal said...

Very well explained the feeling of moment..really loved it and feel it.. keep it up

Unknown said...

Well written. .keep going

Unknown said...

Keep it up and best wishes

Unknown said...

Keep it up and best wishes

Unknown said...

Its simply awsum marvellous seriously gud work d just like it belive me it's really one of the awsum blog!!! Keep it up :*

Sukhmanjit kaur said...

Amazing pallavi...very well written..Keep it up >)

Unknown said...

Radhe Radhe... I heard about both the places, but the way you defined it is awesome. I think I should plan my next holiday over there. Keep it up Pallavi

Unknown said...

Vry nice written ...

Unknown said...

Man jeet layo... Bhaut badiya likhiyo hai... Eso lagayo ki me maho pahuch gayo... Badi yad atiye... Yun lagtuye ki atma mahi rah gayi hai....

Harshit Srivastava said...

Nice work....................made the journey very much happening with words

Unknown said...

Nice Blog, really liked the way you expressed your feelings and emotions but as for the conclusion I just feel that in today's society the value of money has really taken over everything, people just thrive for the money, they do anything to get it, be it good or bad. :)

I would have really liked it if you had included the art designed by that girl in the blog, it would have really nice to see the creativity and get more attached to the place. I hope I can sometime get a chance to see this place and the life style as well :)

Unknown said...

Good job

Unknown said...

👍🏾 owsmmmmm pallavi .... If you can add picss n blogs It will create more transparent to describe d things but dis was one of hearttouchable , every words was simple , real and like we are on the same place to live dt moment... Radhe radhe

Atul said...

Nice words

puji said...

Nice blog

Unknown said...

Awesome ....its just ultimate. Beyond words ...ur description really touch the ultimate truth of the universe....I wish I would be there soon and would feel the proximity with nand lal and radha rani...

Aman rana said...

Good job

Unknown said...

awesome blog... and a good message :) Keep writing !

loner said...

Thanks sanghu for never failing to encourage me and bring a smile to my face :)

loner said...

Akshay! Good to hear from you. Many more coming up, stay tuned ;)

loner said...

Thank you.

loner said...

Those documentaries days are worth reliving ;)
Thanks for stopping by Pankz!

loner said...

This is definitely a big encouragement to bring out more. Hope I won't disappointment in future too :) . Thanks for the lovely words.

loner said...

Is that a friendly duty or you actually meant what you said ;)
Ha ha... Joking.
Thanks for finding out time to stop by

loner said...

Oh my my! The best delibration so far. And coming from a fellow blogger means a Looootttt. I really wish to evolve from here, and most imp. In this voyage don't want to leave this honesty behind. Wish me luck :)
Thanks a ton

loner said...

Thank you Ramya for this heart admiration. :)

loner said...

Aapke bhav ko bahut bahut pranam.
Braj holds special place in the hearts of all vaishnav's like you, hope I justified it. :)

loner said...

Thank you anony.
Please leave you signature behind for me to track you :)

loner said...

You have understood and explained the essence of the blog in such a sensitive way. People who are so sensitive to the intricate human emotions are rare. Thank you Ujjwal!

loner said...

Thanks for the perfect score Vijay. ;)

loner said...

Thanks again Ujjwal ji :)

loner said...

I wish there could be another Kinnaur like trip, again.
Anyway, thank you reading, liking and commenting on my bit. Do revisit ;)

loner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
loner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
loner said...

Thanks Ankur! Keep admiring me ;)

loner said...

Whow! Hey people out there, stop misunderstanding this guy only good for ias mains exams. He is sensitive, emotional and admire simple things too ;)
Let me publicize you as well :p
Thanks buddy

loner said...

Thanks :)

loner said...

Thanks Atul!

loner said...

Thank you:)

loner said...

Thanks a lot Riti !

loner said...

Thank you Monty.

loner said...

Thank you Manil!

loner said...

Thanks Tina! :)

loner said...

Thank you Sukhman ! Keep feeding in.

loner said...

You should Deepak.
Hope you enjoy your trip as much as I did.
:)

loner said...

Thank you Narendra

loner said...

Braj bhasha mein reply!
Anand aa gaya.
Thank you for such a heartfelt comment :)

loner said...

Thank you Harshit!

loner said...

Aww! Do you think so.
I think I am a successful writer if I been able to tantalize my readers craving for more.
Ha ha...Is that being cruel.
I could show you my hand art, sure at office ;)

loner said...

Thanks!

loner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
loner said...

thanks

loner said...

Thank you so much Amit.
My purpose is to be picturesque in my writing then adding the photographs.
Trust me the pics of this trip weren't amazing as the blog.
Thanks to my bad photography skills.
For your comment, I feel burdened to perform better in my next blog :P

loner said...

Thanks Puji.
Radhe Radhe !

loner said...

Thanks a ton.
Such nice words coming from unknown.
Please add your signature next time :)

loner said...

Thank you Aman

loner said...

Thanks Ankita :)

Bharti Shandilya said...

nice blog.. soul touching experience.. and creating huminity